Spotlight on… Laura Gould
1. Why did you become a yoga/pilates instructor?
I fell in love with Yoga and how it made me feel, how I started to change my lifestyle, and the wonderful people I kept on and on meeting through Yoga!! So I thought I just really want to share this discovery of mine with as many other people as I can, and took the leap into training to be an instructor to do just that.
2. What is your favourite pose/exercise?
Tough one! I really love wheel pose, that full front body opening feeling! But I also love playing with handstands and arm balances – I say ‘playing’ because I spend a lot of time crashing on the floor :-)
3. Which classes do you teach at RHY?
I currently teach the Pregnancy Yoga and Mum & Baby Yoga classes, and a Vinyasa Glow class (as maternity cover)
4. How long have you been an instructor?
I have been teaching for around 3.5 years
5. What is your go to snack after your practise?
I love making up my own healthy snacks, so probably a home made bounce ball.
6. How do you motivate yourself to get on your mat?
I genuinely NEED my yoga more than ever now! Being a mum of a 22 month old, busy teaching and working on other projects, I really love to get on my mat at home or at Red Hot Yoga whenever I can trying out different classes.
7. Top tip for Downward Dog?
Spread your fingers wide, press into your knuckles and fingerpads creating muscle activation in the arms so that you don’t feel like you are dumping your weight into your wrists.
8. What would your advice be to beginners?
Try to focus on your breathing and finding a place in your postures where you are not holding your breath, or panting! Come back to the place where you can breathe easily.
9. What else do you do in your spare time?
I love to create things! Crafts, furniture up-cycling, cooking, sewing, music festivals, travel, and relaxing with my family & friends.
10. Where is your favourite travel destination?
Another tough one! Ill have to say 2 as I absolutely love India & Thailand.