Big Spring Salad
by Heather Earl
Whenever I make Big Salad, it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is desperately seeking a Big Salad in New York City. I love a Big Salad because it is so versatile, healthy and fast, fast, fast if you do d little prep work. Everyone in the family can make a version they love. Dress it the way they want and it only takes one plate and a cutting board for clean up. Grill up some Chicken, Boil and peel some Eggs and chop some Veggies to make this Big Salad a super fast weeknight dinner. Put everything in a Ziplock, label it and dinner is made. I make a big batch of soup on the weekend and freeze it. Crusty Bread, super healthy Omegas in a sprinkle of nuts or Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and some really good dressing make this a healthy, fast weeknight meal. Try Carrot, Sweet Potato and Coriander Soup with this. I also make a big bag of cut Veggies for lunches when I prepare the Veggies for the Big Salad.
BIG SALAD INGREDIENTS
- CHOP AND ZIPLOCK: Carrots, Peppers, Radishes, Snow Peas, Big Chunk of Cucumber (cut before serving), Prepared Beets (cut before Serving) Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onions
- BOIL EGGS
- GRILL CHICKEN: Chop and label in a separate container
- BUY BAGS OF ORGANIC WASHED MIXED LETTUCE
- MAKE DRESSING: 2 parts Olive Oil, 1 part Vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon, Chopped Herbs, Salt & Pepper
- CHOP CHEESE: Feta, Cheddar etc.
- SPRINKLE WITH SEEDS AND NUTS