Goddess Green Breakfast Smoothie
by Heather Earl
I generally have an aversion to drinking something that looks like Shrek puked up, but this drink rocks. I ordered a smoothie at Whole Foods and when my daughter saw the look on my face when I saw the color, she said “try it Mom, could be life changing”. I love that girl and her attitude. It was in fact life changing (at least for the time being) because now I am concocting all sorts of green goodness in my Vitamix. The kids are even drinking them…..so yes life has changed from sweet fruit smoothies to healthy veg based goodness.
- 1 handful Kale or Spinach, washed
- 1 Apple, chunked and cored
- 1 1inch piece of Ginger, peeled
- 1 frozen Banana or a few chunks frozen Mango
- ½ cup Coconut Water
- ½ cup Orange Juice- or Whole Orange, peeled
- 1 small piece of Jalapeño or other pepper (optional)
- 1 small Carrot, chunked
- Whiz everything in the Vitamix until smooth, adding more coconut water if needed.